Saturday, July 23, 2005

Miss me?

Sorry I've been AWOL on the blog lately, I've been busy... :D

First two weeks of the job have been great! I love the job, such a cool industry, and great people to work with. Here's what I got on my first day:Yup! A RED SWINGLINE stapler!! Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler... I love my new employee, Melanie, who gave it to me! :)

Yarn store job is also good, but tiring. Not used to being on my feet all day. I've cut out Saturdays from my schedule so now I'm only working Wed and Thurs nights after work, so like 2 1/2 hours each day. Add to that Peninsula Knitters on Tuesdays, and I'm only home Monday and Friday nights.

We got a special treat today though, Michelle Pheiffer came into the store, with her daughter and sister/friend person (we don't know who she was). At first we were each thinking, looks like her, sounds like her, wonder... nah. maybe? But then I rang her up and her credit card said Michelle Kelley and I'm thinking.. wait a minute, she's married to David E. Kelley - it is her! She bought about $150 worth of needles and yarn, I guess for her daughter who's about 12. WE talked about a seed stitch pattern for a scarf and she LOVED the one we had in the store... Michelle Pheiffer asking me for advice on knitting!! :D Then they all hung out at the kintter's table and worked on projects for awhile before leaving. She was very mellow and low-key, and everyone in the store played it cool, just another knitter. When she left though... we were all pretty thrilled! I guess that made up for working on a Saturday.

I have lots more to catch up on - my second felted bag, the baptism/birthday party for Little Brother, all my new started projects (I have start-itis)... but I also have a strained tendon in my wrist so I shouldn't be knitting (shhh, don't tell TK I've been knitting), and need to take it easy with the computer work, so I'll be back with lots of smaller posts soon.

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'm jealous of your stapler. I have a possessed stapler. It staples randomly if I keep it plugged in. Very randomly, and never when you want it to. Or it eats your paper completely. I put a sticker with its name on it... "Satan".

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

That star sighting pretty much trumps my being in line behind Marcia Strassman (I could have had her phone number if I listened when she was giving it to the store owner), star of "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" and "Welcome Back Kotter". What a cool experience!

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the red stapler. I've always had just the plain black Swinglines. But yours is gorgeous. It's the little things in life that bring great pleasure, and a red stapler would do that for me! What a great employee. Of course, red is my favorite color.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice stapler. It was good to see you last night. And, wow, Michelle P.! Cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home