Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Stash Swap

Lu is a member of the Knitter's Review Stash Swap, and she brought the box to Peninsula Knitters last night so we could all participate. I turned in a skein of turquoise wool, a leftover skein of blue Cascade 220 from my cabled cardi, and a ball of white cotton I bought without thinking from Elann. And traded for this:

One skein of Knit Picks Color Your Own fingering weight 100% merino, 100g/44o yds, kool-aid dyed in purple, green, orangey-pink, and yellow; one ball of Twilley's cotton Freedom DK weight, 85m, and one ball of Hot Socks Sockenwolle 75% wool 25% acrylic, 100g/460 yds.

Oh, and a bouquet from TK - he brought me flowers when he went grocery shopping - he hasn't bought me flowers in the longest time and it was a super-sweet surprise.

Turns out, the kool-aid yarn and the sock yarn were both from Lu's stash! She's on a stash reduction effort - put in 18 balls and took out 3. I don't have nearly that size stash, almost everything is targeted for a project (except lots of sock yarn).

I'm now looking for a fun summery non-sock project for me with the kool-aid yarn - any ideas?

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

I don't know how thick the yarn is, but I recommend the shrugs on the Interweave website. There are a few options and they all look nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home