Monday, July 04, 2005

Photo gallery of updates

I haven't posted much in the last week, but I've been busy knitting. The weather's so beautiful today I took my knitting outside:

This is Knitty's Cosy. It's supposed to be 6' long when it's done (of course it will stretch out when blocked, it's all shrunk up right now) but I'm just going to follow the simple 8-row lace pattern until I run out of the kool-aid dyed yarn, then turn it into a shrug. I started with a provisional cast-on in case I want to use some of the cotton for lacy sleeves or something.

Progress on the sleeves for Big Brother Rugby. I think they're about halfway done, but I keep forgetting the increases. I'll be glad when this project is over, it's a LOT of stockinette with cotton on straight needles.

This is a Baptismal Bonnet for A, SIL's second son. He'll be baptised and celebrate his first birthday sometime in mid-July. I figured since he's a year old, he probably wouldn't fit into his brother's bonnet.

This was an easy pattern, but rather than all the binding off and sewing together, I did short rows in the back like it was a giant sock heel and kept the back stitches on the needle for the tie.


I don't know if you can see any stitch detail in this photo, it has a scalloped edge and two different lace patterns - a line of twisted "stars" and a line of triangular eyelets - repeating on the whole bonnet. I considered the booties but it's more pieces sewn together, and I don't have enough yarn for the jacket. I used less than a skein of Caron CuddleSoft, which I got on deep discount at Michael's some time back. Cheap, easy, cute project!

2 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

Great job! I'm excited to see Cosy in action!

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great colors on Cosy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home