Friday, June 24, 2005

SEX - Stash Enhancement eXpedition

This morning I went to The Knitter's Studio to see about getting a job - part-time, full-time, whatever. Lu had seen a sign that they were hiring, so I brought in the Knitting Resume from the CommuKNITy effort and a cover letter.

They're having a sale for the next 2 weeks (uh oh) so the manager didn't have a lot of time to talk to me, but she'll call me after the holiday weekend, when the sale's over, to set something up. I borrowed my SIL's new felted bag, before I gave it to her, and the manager really liked it! I couldn't be rude and just leave, so I did a little browsing and here's what I found:

Crystal Palace Iceland in Straw into Gold - I think this will be my Sophie like SIL's:

and Schachenmayr Nomotta Crazy Cotton - if this colorway has a name it's in German and I can't find it.

Are you sensing a theme in my colorways recently? For example:

That's the wound ball of KnitPicks I got at Tuesday's yarn swap! One's cotton, one's wool, but they're similar enough that I could possibly combine them for one of the cute Interweave Knits shrugs to wear around this summer.

Oh - and tonight I stopped by a used bookstore and found this:

by Nancie Wiseman. I took her Knitting with Glitz class at Stitches and loved it, so I was thrilled to find one of her books. It looks really useful!

OK, I have to stop shopping...

1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. A new Commuknit-er! I will be working there as filler on weekends. I was hired to be there more often, but a 9-5 took precedence, but I love it there. I hope you get a call back. It's a wonderful place to be, I think! I was eyeing that Iceland too. It's so chunky and cool colors too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home