Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm beginning to see the appeal

Quickie post on my wedding knitting progress:

2 bridesmaid Mariposa wraps (out of 4)
Time to knit: approximately 3 weeks per wrap

1 sleeve of my I Do shrug (still need to complete sleeve back and another sleeve)
Time to knit - I have no idea, I've had to start and stop so many times and rip back a good part of the back. I think I'm finally on track again.


Crochet flower girl shawl (Chanson Crochet from Interweave Crochet/Wrap Style), chain 70 st to start rather than 85
Time to crochet - 3 days


Yes, 3 days!! Crochet is starting to grow on me. The left side is more curled up than the right, I wonder if I missed some decreases or something. I'll take it to Hollis and see if she can "read" my crochet. Considering this is my 2nd crochet project ever and this is my first:

I'm pretty thrilled. It's got a really cute flower motif in the lower, more open part of the wrap:


2 more Mariposas and 2/3 of my I Do in 3 months... I need to channel Dorie from Finding Nemo. Just keep knitting, just keep knitting, just keep knitting...

4 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger ChelleC said...

I found your blog by searching under "Chason in crochet" from Wrap Style. Yours turned out beautifully. I've been wanting to make one of those for myself and my teenaged daughter. You did a great job. Can you tell me how you managed to do that "Finished Object 2006" sidebar? I want to show photos of my finished work, but I'm not very good on Blogger yet. Thanks!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

So how's your project going? Are you going to be done in time?

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

Those wraps are LOVELY. You are so ambitious to take on big projects with such a, um, firm deadline :-) Kudos to you!!!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I am another "lidabit" which was how I pronounced my name Elizabeth. Would you please contact me at roanokeliz@gmail.com

I too knit and crochet and sew.
I would like to talk with you about our .com's

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home