Monday, February 27, 2006

Blocked, but not drying


I know it's hard to see, but at least she's finished! She still wasn't dry at Knitting Click, so Hollis is bringing her home to dry in her sweater dryer. I'll get Sitcom Chic back tomorrow evening, ready to wear! I read a statistic today that wool can absorb 85% of its weight in water, and now I believe it.

I love the swirly pattern the colorway takes at the sleeve as it goes through the increases - almost like armbands.

The crochet loop for the button is too large, and the neck-to-front edging looks wonky, so I might fix it later. But it's DONE!!

4 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Elspeth said...

It's gorgeous! Great work!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

It turned out excellent. Believe it or not, my damn sweater is still a bit damp. Eek! Smells too. Damn alpaca!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger HoJo said...

It looks fabulous on as well. I've had a disk drive disaster and lost my emails ;{ and patterns. So if I ever got the fake rib hat pattern its gone now. Please send me the pattern for the hat and the link to the cabled fingerless gloves. Perhaps the gloves will help me get over this crisis.

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for finishing!! I would have never even attempted a grown up sized sweater for the Olympics. As it is, a baby sweater takes me eons! Great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home