Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Olympic Update and Math

I got a few hours of knitting in last night while catching up on the TiVo. I've now seen Saturday's Olympic coverage plus a few wedding-related shows that T could care less about. The problem is now that the Olympics are on I TiVo more hours in a day than I have time to watch, even if I ffwd thru the commercials. Oh, and I want to start TiVo'ing Olympic Ice, too...

Oh right, knitting.

So the pattern calls for a setup row, 11 more rows and then increase rows 4 times every 12 rows, then knit until it's a certain length (I don't remember at this point). Last night I started with the setup row complete, and worked thru the first increase and 11 following rows. This took almost 2 balls of Debbie Bliss Soho. Each ball is only 72 yards, so if I use the full 7 balls of Cotton-Ease at ~200 yards indicated for the largest size of project, I'd need 20 balls of yarn. Not a problem, I have at least that many. But how much of the 7th ball of Cotton-Ease is used? 6 complete Cotton-Ease balls would be 17 balls of Soho. Either way I need to be knitting more than 1 ball of yarn per night, and I'm already behind.

Day/yarn consumed/goal yarn
Day 1: 0 / 1
Day 2: .25 / 2
Day 3: frog, .5 / 3
Day 4: just shy of 2 / 4

Today I've managed to sneak in another 3 rows over my lunch hour, so I'm fully into ball 3, but I should be at least at ball 5 by now. I know I could technically catch up on the weekends, but this weekend is gonna be slammed with wedding dress shopping and Stitches classes...

Guess I'm gonna have to knit nonstop the 25th and 26th, or start taking some longer knitting lunches!

2 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stitches Stitches Stitches! I can't wait! I'm starting to remember how time consuming all that yarn ogling is.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

The pattern calls for Cotton Ease? I just may have to make a yellow version!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home