Monday, February 27, 2006

Done done da-done done done...

sung to the tune of the Olympics theme...

After many nearly-sleepless nights, Sitcom Chic (Winter Edition) is complete! I gave her full-length sleeves and she's made of wool, appropriate for Winter Olympics, right?

Coming into the final stretch on Friday night, I had 2/3 of the body done, 1 sleeve, and 3/4 of the second sleeve done, which adds up to 75% of the project complete. In the next ~28 hours, I finished the sleeve, joined the body, worked what seemed like the longest stockinette raglan yoke in recorded history (despite the fact that each row was shorter than the last), finished the edges, sewed on a button, and sewed the armpits closed. I finished at 2:30 am Sunday morning.

I blocked her at 11 am on Sunday morning after a few hours sleep, and she's still not dry, 24 hours later! I consider her a success because she was done and blocked before the finish time.

I left my camera at home with the blocking picture. I brought her in the office to show everyone, and then brought her to Full Thread Ahead to dry on the sweater rack in the (sun? not so much today) so I will have pics tomorrow.

I now know the effects of long-term sleep deprivation, with all the distractions of the last 2 weeks (wedding stuff, ya know). I appreciate my comfy bed all the more now that I can spend more than a couple hours at a time there... I also longed to cast on some new projects with my Stitches yarn but managed to hold myself back - now I know why I have so many UFOS! Monogamous knitting is challenging!

In the meantime, I got my latest issue of Interweave Knits. Hm, not sure what I'll be making from there next (maybe Waterlily? Ooh, Drop-Stitch Hoodie??), but I love the patterns.

Hooray to all the medalists, and a bravo to all that made the attempt!

2 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Dietchgirl said...

Congrats on finishing Sitcom Chic! Can't wait to see the finished pictures. I made one for the Knitting Olympics too in Lion Brand CottonEase.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! Will you wear it to knitting tomorrow night?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home