Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Catching up

I think I'm getting the hang of this thing. I figured out how to edit my Hello posts on Blogger thru Hello, which gives me the ability to create this post and then go to Hello to add the pics in later. Nifty roo! And the posts have finally showed up in my Edit Post history on Blogger so I can edit that way too.

Clearwater Rapids has taken over my knitting life. This comes together so quickly since it's stockinette with one simple row of yarnovers. And I can't put this yarn down, it's so yummy. The shawl has grown considerably since the last time you've seen it:



I worked on it on Sunday at a friend's housewarming party in Fremont. We're such party animals, everyone took a 4:00 nap in front of E! before dinner, and I got quite a bit done. I think I ended up leaving my pattern somewhere over the weekend but I figured out the pattern repeats and both Lia and Margie sent me the count of the last pattern repeat so I knew where to start the borders. Well, look at the picture. See the yarn on the left edge? That's the first ball of yarn, and coincidentally the end of the last pattern repeat. Too small. I want a shawl, big and substantial to keep me warm on Bay Area nights, not a little capelet. The section beyond the yarn strands is what I've done in the last 24 hours (Peninsula Knitters agree it should be larger) and I think I'll do at least that much again before I take it off the needles for size again. It's not really scalloped, that's just the blocking pins.

Other good news yesterday - the company I had the phone interview with while I was at HoJo's called me back and I now have an interview scheduled for Tuesday at 2:30. They're supposed to send me info on location, etc. but I haven't seen it yet. I'll wait until Thurs PM and then call back the number on Caller ID, because the office is closed Monday for Memorial Day and I don't want to end up SOL.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger HoJo said...

The shawl looks great, I'm glad that yarn is easy to work with. I can't wait to see it when its done

 

Post a Comment

<< Home