Sunday, May 08, 2005

Uh Oh, Mom's Got That Look

That's the title of a cute little book I found for my Mom for Mother's Day. It went in the felted bag with the sock pattern Hollis found for me, needles and sock yarn. Should be a fun little KAL!

MIL's Flower Basket Shawl was blocked Friday night and I wove in my ends yesterday. It's beautiful and I can't wait to see her face when she opens it. I love knitting for people who realize the effort behind the results. I don't have a lot of money these days, but lots of time, so I'm happy to spend time for the ones I care about. Pictures of FO's this week!

Yesterday was a lazy day watching baseball and reading my book. I also spent a ton of time online and on the phone trying to work out the Florida trip. I'm trying to use either an Alaska $50 Companion Certificate or my miles so we only have to pay for one ticket. As it is, with those restrictions, we can't go or come back exactly when we want to, and it keeps getting more expensive as we have to add hotel room nights. At this point it might be smarter to save $$ and go somewhere cheaper, as TK has Wed-Mon off from work, and celebrate Rob and Lisa's wedding at the reception here a few weeks later. No final decisions anywhere, yet.

Gotta get going, we're meeting SIL's family and MIL in SF for "linner" :) - dinner at 3pm. Will be more like lunch for us! Happy Mother's Day, all you Moms out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home