Monday, May 02, 2005

Success!!

It worked! :D

In knitting news, I'm almost done with Mom's Mother's Day Kit - I have to felt her bag (it's the top left bag on the Felted Knits cover), find some DPNs and an easy sock pattern, and then send it off. It also includes 2 balls of Cascade Fixation and a funny book called "Uh Oh, Mom's Got That Look". MIL's Flower Basket Shawl is coming along more slowly since I discovered my alpaca allergy. I work a couple rows until I can't breathe, then set it aside for another time. In the meantime, I have my Pretty Comfy Sock in Cascade Fixation that's coming along nicely. It's the first time I've used Fixation, so I'm finally getting the hang of keeping tension without pulling tight and defeating the purpose of stretchy sock yarn!

Saturday I gave Yasmin her sundress at her 2nd birthday party. Her mom Amy was very touched. She said she used to knit but it's been awhile, and now with Yasmin around she has to be careful what she leaves around. Hopefully this will inspire her to start up again!

Sunday we went to Borders and I used my 30% off coupon to buy this:

It's got some cute and easy projects that I can't wait to take on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home